Hi, I’m Antonia and I’m the mummy behind A Mum in Progress. Here are 10 random facts so that you can get to know me better!
- I love tea. And wine. It just depends on the time of day whether I choose a mug or a glass!
- I have a degree in geography. I can tell you all about volcanoes but I still can’t read a map.
- I have 6 step-kids of varying ages so I’m more than familiar with the trials and tribulations of being a step-mum!
- I love nature, animals, conservation, trees and flowers, rivers and the sea.
- In my former life I worked in charity fundraising and communications. I love doing a job that helps other people and now I do this through my own blog and website.
- I love elephants and when I was younger I wanted to live in Africa saving them from the Ivory Trade.
- One of my step-sons is autistic and this has presented extra challenges for our family over the years. He is now transitioning into adulthood and there’ll be new challenges as he embarks on this next stage in his life.
- I lost my first baby girl to a rare chromosomal disorder called Triploidy. The loss of her cut to my core but I was determined to make some good come of her death. It continues to shape me even now as I help other Mums be able to really appreciate everything that they’ve got.
- I’m hoping one day that we can build our own home. It’s good to dream!
- In case you hadn’t already guessed by what I write about – I’m totally committed to helping other Mums find balance through simplicity. Finding Minimalism and leading a simpler, more intentional life has completely turned my life around. My passion now is to help other overwhelmed Mums get their lives back on track in the same way!
Check out the links below to read more about how A Mum in Progress came to be and learn a bit more about me, the mummy behind it!